- Even the building’s exterior features are bold and impressive, with its many slanting surfaces. This is not merely an architectural feature – it also serves to avoid the entry of direct sunlight, despite 80% of the building’s surfaces being flooded with daylight.
- The calla – not just an eye-catcher: The funnel-shaped flower made of glass and steel is used in many ways to save resources: Rainwater collection (use for sanitation and green spaces, cooling), daylight down to the underground car park, fresh air supply.
- Accessibility for everyone: With ramps and lifts, all areas are easily accessible – even for people with physical disabilities.
- Mixture of materials – sustainability played an important role from the start in the building’s design. Steel and glass, which make up a large proportion of the materials used for the building, are visible straight away. The façade consists of Dorfer green slate, while natural stone and bamboo parquet flooring are used inside much of the building.
- Energy and resource efficiency – from thermal storage of the building concrete to the use of ground heat, heat recovery and the woodchip power plant, the solar panels and the electric charging station.
- All stationary carbon emissions at the congress centre are compensated by our climate partner ENTEGA.
- The first DGNB-certified congress centre (“German Sustainable Building Council” – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen e.V.)
- First place in the “Office and Environment” competition organised by B.A.U.M. e.V. in 2014 and third place in 2019 (in the “Companies with up to 500 employees” category)
- First German congress centre with EMASplus certification for an advanced, holistic sustainability concept
- spectrum congress hall with 1,302 m² and up to 1,677 seats – can be divided into three parts and used both flat and with a sloping auditorium
- ferrum congress hall with 650 m², accommodates 383 people in a tiered seating arrangement with foldaway business tables
- 21 flexibly combinable conference rooms accommodating up to 1,300 people in various sizes and capacities
- darmstadtium lounge for exclusive events with up to 140 people
- A total of 3,700 m² of light-flooded foyer space for accompanying exhibitions, as catering space or for an evening event – including the 900 m² atrium entrance foyer with integrated old city wall and the “Calla”
The darmstadtium offers you more space to hold your events.
From 02 April, the obligation to wear a mask, previous regulations for distance and hygiene measures as well as access restrictions and capacity limitations for events will no longer apply. Wearing a medical mask and also observing distance and hygiene measures is strongly recommended.
All information on the applicable basic protection measures in Hesse can be found here.
All important information about the hygiene concept of the venue and our offers. (As of 02/04/2022)