Did you know ...
- ... that more than 3,200 evens have taken place at the darmstadtium since it opened? (take a look in our Events Calendar!)
- … that there are metal Christmas trees on our roof at Christmastime, designed by young people from the non-profit Werkhof Darmstadt e.V. association?
- ... that the oldest existing part of Darmstadt is located within the darmstadtium?
(the remains of city walls in the interior of the building – which can be seen on guided city tours)
- ... that we have two electric charging points in the underground car park?
(Conveniently re-charge your electric car with green electricity during your event - you can find all the information here!)
- ... that we surf on the latest wave – with the wave 2 WLAN standard? Come and surf with us – with your event in the IT-Hotspot darmstadtium in the Digital City of Darmstadt!
- … that the AirLiner shuttle bus runs in 30-minute intervals and stops directly in front of the darmstadtium and it takes you to your flight at Frankfurt Airport? Comfortable and safe with free WiFi!
- ... that we were the first congress centre in the world to win the INCON Digital Infrastructure Award in 2014 for our first-class digital infrastructure?
- ... that we have 26 rooms? (conference rooms, a lounge, a small congress hall ferrum as well as a large divisible congress hall spectrum - see more in our planning tool)
- ... that bee colonies are living on our roof terrace from May 2018?
- ... that our event participants covered a distance of 26,699 passenger kilometres altogether in the long-distance traffic of DB (German national rail company) in 2017? Read more about a climate friendly and comfortable journey to your event in the darmstadtium!
- ... that there's a geodesic measuring station under the darmstadtium, that can measure minimal shifts and movements? The ground under the darmstadtium is unusual, it is a building on the edge - read more!
- ... that our partner location Centralstation Darmstadt will broadcast all World Cup matches 2018 of the german team live with HD beamer and on a large-scale video display? Read more! (german)
- ... that our website was relaunched in 2016 and that it is also optimised for mobile devices since that time?
- ... that the darmstadtium is underground connected with the 'Welcome Hotel'? Read more about our underground car park!
- ... that the darmstadtium was the first german congress centre to receive the DGNB certificate in silver? Plus, we are currently striving to become one of the first congress centres to be awarded EMASplus certification. Read more about 10 years of supporting climate protection!
- ... that you can have a look at the darmstadtium round the clock with webcams? See for yourself!
- ... that the underground car park under the darmstadtium received the rating 'very good' from the european car club "Auto Club Europa" (ACE)? Read more about our underground parking!
- ... that the darmstadtium has been inspected and certified as an accessible company? Read more about this certification and get more information for blind and partially-sighted visitors, and for visitors with mobility difficulties or impaired hearing.
- ... that the glass facade consists of 840 glass panes - all different? In total, the darmstadtium's exterior shell is approx. 80 % glass. Read more about our building!
- ... that the darmstadtium is a "temporarily theatre" in winter and that many great cultural events take place in this time in the big congress hall?
- ... that we had 2 stairs in the main entrance foyer atrium during the construction? Later one part was removed, thus we have one big main staircase now.